ER Diagram for visa application processing system shows the relationship of entities that build its database design. ER diagram describes the logical structure of the database. This is an important diagram in the data modeling process.
ER Diagram for Visa Application Processing System Detail
The following table shows the overall description of ER Diagram for Visa Application Processing System
|Name||Visa Application Processing System ER Diagram|
|Abstract||ER Diagram defines a logical structure of the database. This can be thought of as a blueprint of the system|
|Tools used||Microsoft Visio|
What is Visa Application Processing System
Visa application processing system is a web based application to process a large number of visa application that comes for approval. Manual processing takes a long time and lots of human resource. Use of this application makes the process easy and fast.
Visa applicants access the visa website, register themselves and submit visa applications. This application is verified by the executive and the applicant is asked for an interview. After successful verification and interview visa is approved
Overview of Visa Application Processing System database working
- This is a web based application
- User can apply for visa online
- To send visa application, first of all user has to register himself on the visa website
- After registration there is an option to apply for a visa. User click on the option and fill all required details and submit application
- The Visa website has different executive employees. These executives verify user application
- If users application is verified then an interview date is given to the applicant
- User has to be available for an interview on a given date and time. If the executive is satisfied with applicant’s answers the visa is issued.
- User can also renew if there visa validity date is expired or about to expire
Entities and Attributes of Visa Application Processing System
- User: User_id, User_name, User_address, User_contact
- Visa Application: Appl_id, Visa_country, User_pasport_no, Visa_duration, Visa_type
- Visa Web Portal: Web_address, No_of_registered_user
- Admin: User_id, Admin_name, Contact_no
- Executive: Exe_id, Exe_name, Exe_address, Exe_contact_no
- Visa Renewal Application: Appl_ref_no, Renewal_date_from, Renewal_date_to
Database Description of Visa Application Processing System
- In this ER model mainly two relationship exists: 1:1 and 1:M
- Each database table has a primary key
- To reduce data redundancy all database tables has been normalized
- To get faster result of queries indexing has been used
- All users details are stored in user table, all visa application details is stored in visa application table
- Similarly visa renewal details is stored in visa renewal table
Symbols of used in ER Diagram
Mainly three symbols are used in ER Diagram: Rectangle, oval and diamond.
Rectangle represents an entity. Oval shape represents an associated attribute and a diamond shape represents relation between two entities.
Download Visa Application Processing System Synopsis pdf
ER Diagram for Visa Application Processing System
This is the ER Diagram for Visa Application Processing System. Rectangle represents entities and oval shape represents associated attributes. The diagram shape between entities represents their relationship.
This ER model will help you to showcase your project work. It is easy to understand the working of the system by viewing this diagram. You can edit this diagram if your project requirements are little different. There are many free flowchart software available online.