ER diagram for (CRM) Customer Relationship Management describes data objects and their relationship. An entity relationship data model is a detailed logical representation of data for a business area or an organization.
The entity relationship diagram for customer relationship management (CRM) graphically represents database tables and their relationship.
ER Modeling Notation
The basic entity relationship modeling notation uses three main constraints: data entities, relationships and their associated attributes.
An entity is an object, person or event in user environment about which the organisation want to maintain data. Every entity has its own identity.
A relationship is an association between the instance of one or more entity types.
An attribute is a characteristic or property of an entity. In ER diagram we represents attribute by placing its name in ellipse with line connected to the associated entity.
Overview of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Database Working
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is the most common application used by any customer service based organization. As the name indicates this application helps to maintain better relationship with customer by providing them better service. Some of the important feature of this application are as follows:
- The system works in DBMS approach.
- This CRM system can be implemented in any service based organization such as automobile workshop
- Admin of the organisation can add master records such as service and price for each service.
- Each employee has its user id and password through which he can access the system
- Whenever customer comes to the organisation for service for first time, the employee takes his details and register him on the system and open new job Card
- If customer is already registered then employee seach his record and open new job Card
- This job Card is assigned to the respective worker of the organisation
- The worker keeps updating this job Card as the service progress
- Once the entire service is complete admin makes job Card status closed and the detail of service is passed to the billing section for final billing
- Admin can view all required reports such as: customer list, open or closed job Card report and employee report
Entities and Attributes of Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Customer Relationship Management has following main entities:
- Admin: admin_id, admin_name, admin_role
- CRM Portal: website_url, website_name, contact_no
- Customer: customer_id, customer_type, customer_name, customer_address, customer_contact
- Employee: employee_id, employee_name, employee_address
- Job Card: jobcard_id, jobcard_date, assign_to, jobcard_status
- Service: service_no, service_name, service_amt
Database Description of Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- In CRM database 1:1 and 1:M relationship exists
- To improve search time, indexing has been used in all tables
- All customer detail is stored in customer table, job Card detail is stored in job Card table
- Similarly employee and service related detail is stored in employee and service table respectively
- All table are normalised to avoid data redundancy and each table has a primary key
Download Customer Relationship Management Synopsis pdf
ER Diagram for Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Following diagram is the ER Diagram for customer relationship management (CRM).
This diagram is very useful in showing progress of your project work. Rectangle represents entities, oval shape represents attributes of entities and diamond shape represents relationship between two entities.