Entity relationship diagrams are also called ER models. An entity relationship diagram visually represents the relationship between entities in the database. An entity can be a thing, person, or concept in the database. An ER diagram is very helpful to the application developer in either documenting an existing database or designing a sketch of a new database.
Also Check: DFD for Gas Agency Management System
In this article we will discuss the ER diagram for the gas agency management system. An ER diagram for an online gas agency management system illustrates the logical structure of the database, by describing the entities, their attributes and identifying relationships between them.
ER Diagram for Gas Agency Management System Details
The following table describes details of gas agency management system ER diagram
|Name||Gas agency management system ER diagram|
|Abstract||ER diagram for online gas agency management system describes the logical structure of the database. It identifies the entities of the system and defines relationships among them|
|Tools used||Microsoft Visio|
Overview of Gas Agency Management System Database Working
Gas agency management system is a common application for gas agency management. Feature of this application are as follows:
- This is a web based application specially designed for managing gas agency daily workGas agency admin manages entire agency working
- New customer can apply for gas connection online
- After successfully submitted connection applications goes to the admin for approval
- Admin checkes these applications and take decision on them, either approve or reject
- After approval customer payes the registration amount
- Existing customers can book gas refill online Admin confirm cylinder booking and gives an approximate cylinder delivery date to the customer
- Existing customers can also apply for gas connection transfer from one location to another location
- This application is also verified by the admin
- Customer can give feedback of agency service
It was some common features of gas agency management system application working. Now let’s see entities and attributes of online gas agency management system
Entities and Attributes of Gas Agency Management System
Here are entities and their attributes:
- Gas Agency: Agency_code, Agency_name, Agency_address
- Customer: Customer_id, Customer_name, Customer_phone, Customer_address, Agency_name
- Gas Booking : Customer_id, Booking_no, Booking_date, Delivery_date
- Feedback: Customer_name, Feedback_date, message
- Location Transfer : Transfer_requst_no, Customer_id, To_city, To_state, To_agency_code
- Payment : Payment_id, Payment_date, Payment_amount
- Notification: Booking_status, Transfer_status
Database Description of Online Gas Agency Management System
Each table has a primary keyTo avoide data redundancy all tables has been normalizedTo speed up query results indexing has been usedCustomer information is stored in customer table, gas booking details are stored in gas booking tableIn this database 1:1 and 1:M relationship exists
Download Online Gas Agency Management System Synopsis pdf
ER Diagram for Gas Agency Management System
Following diagram represents the entity relationship diagram of online gas agency management system.
This diagram has be drawn in Microsoft Visio software. There are many free flowchart software are also available online, you can access them free.
Some Tips for Effective ER Diagram
As we know ER Diagram is an important diagram. It helps application developer to understand the logical structure of database, so it should be good enough to meet its purpose. Here are some tips to draw effective ERD.
- Give meaningful name to each entity, attribute and relationship of your diagram
- Ensure that one entity may be used once in the diagram
- You can also use colours to showcase important areas of the diagram
- Identify the relationship between entities correctly
- Never connect two entities without a relationship between them
So it was complete details of ER Diagram for Gas Agency Management System. Gas agency is the most common application the is used to manage a gas agency daily working.
This gas agency ERD represents the logical structure of the gas agency database. In the above discussion we also identified entities and their attributes of a gas agency management system.