In this article we will explain entity relationship diagram for online book store. This is an important diagram for your final year project work.
The entity relationship diagram for online book store is basically an ER model of online book store website entities. ER modeling notation uses three main of constraints: entities, attributes associated with entities and relationships.
This ER Diagram is basically a graphical representation of an online book store database table and relationship between books, order, customer, bookstore website, tracking detail etc.
ER Diagram for Online Book Store Details
Following table describes the details of ER diagram for online book store.
- Name: Online Book Store ER diagram
- Abstract: ER diagram for online book store is basically a graphical representation of the book store database table and relationship between system entities such as book, customer, order, tracking etc.
- Tools: Microsoft Visio
- Designed by: 123projectlab.com
Importance of Entity Relationship Diagram
Tool for data modeling is entity relationship diagram.
To get logical database design we use data modeling. A conceptual model of data is used in an application.
This model is obtained by use of entity relationship model. ER model helps in designing relational database. A relation is a table which describes an entity set. Each column in a relation represents an attribute.
Overview of Online Book Store Database Working
Online book store is a widely used application nowadays. This application is for selling books online. Important feature of this application are as follows:
- Online book store is a client server based application
- Admin manages entire book store website
- Admin add all master records such as book detail, publisher, author etc
- Customer can browse all books details available on store or he can search any specific book
- After book selection customer adds book in the cart and proceed for checkout and payment
- After successfully placing the order, customer gets a confirmation email with a tracking number
- This order parcel is scanned on each hub that comes in its route
- The current location of the parcel is updated after scan on each hub
- Customer can track current location of his order by this tracking number
- Once the order is delivered to the customer it update as completed
Entities and Attributes of Online Book Store
Following are the entities and related attributes:
- Admin: Admin_id, Admin_role, Admin_name
- Bookstore Website: Website_name, Website_url, Contact_no
- Customer: Costomer_id, Customer_name, Customer_address, Customer_contact
- Book: Book_id, Book_title, Book_price, Book_status
- Author: Author_id, Author_name, Author_subject, Author_qualification
- Publisher: Publisher_id, Publisher_name, Publisher_country
- Order: Order_no, Order_date, Order_amount
- Tracking Detail: Tracking_id, Courier_name
Download Online Book Store Synopsis pdf
ER Diagram for Online Book Store
This is the ER diagram for the online book store system. You can showcase logical database design of your project with this diagram.
If your project requirements are little different then you can edit this template.
Entity Relationship Diagram is an important tool for conceptual data modeling. With this diagram we get logical database design.
In this article we learnt all about entity relationship diagram of online book store system, overview of online book store database, importance of ER diagram, entities and attributes of online book store.
You can practice of making ER diagram from more examples.