An entity relationship diagram is very helpful for developers in designing sketch of new database or documenting an existing database. An entity relationship diagram is also known as ER model. An entity relationship diagram for optical shop management system visually represents the relationship between entities in the database such as customer, product, eye test, bill, payment etc.
ER Diagram for Optical Shop Management System Details
The following table describes the detail of optical shop entity relationship diagram
|Name||Optical Shop Management System ER Diagram|
|Abstract||ERD of optical shop management system graphically represents the relationship between entities of optical shop such as eye test, customer, product, bill, payment etc|
|Tools used||Microsoft Visio|
Entities and Attributes of Optical Shop Management System
Here are entities and attributes of optical shop management system:
- Admin: Admin_id, Admin_name, Admin_address, Admin_contact
- Customer: Customer_id, Customer_name, Customer_address, Customer_contact
- Optical Shop Portal: Portal_name, Portal_url
- Eye Checkup: Customer_id, LeftCy, RightCy
- Product: Prod_id, Prod_name, Prod_price
- Shopping Cart: Temp_id, Customer_id, Product_id, Tot_amt
- Payment: Trans_id, Tot_amtReceipt: Receipt_no, Receipt_amount
- Employee: Emp_id, Emp_name, Emp_address, Emp_contact, Emp_department
- Employee Salary: Emp_id, Basic, HRA, DA
What is Optical Shop Management System
Optical Shop Management System is an online application used to manage the entire working of an online shop where eyeglasses, frames etc products are sold. Customers can buy frames and glasses online. There are several employees who manage the entire system. Admin tracks performance of each employee.
Overview of Optical Shop Management System Database Working
- This is a web based application for managing an optical shop and take it online
- There is one person with the role as admin who manages the entire application
- Admin role is to create master records such as product information and create employee record and calculate their salary
- Customer can register online and access online
- Customer can upload their eye checkup data and get suggestion for suitable glasses and frame
- Customer can select product and place order
Download Optical Shop Management System Synopsis pdf
ER diagram for Optical Shop Management System
Finally here is the optical shop management system ER diagram. This diagram is drawn in Microsoft Visio. You can use any flowchart software for making such an ERD.
Notations Used to Represent Relationship Model of Database
ER Models are the conceptual models of the database. Many variations of ER Modeling are in practice but the main difference is notation, symbols that are used to represent.
Entity: Entity is an identifiable object relevant to the system being built. Some examples of entity are:
- Purchase Order
Attribute: Attribute is the characteristic of an entity. Attributes distinguish one entity instance from another. Attribute of entity Customer might include:
Relationship Set: A relationship is an association among entities. Relationship Set is a collection of relationships of the same type. For example:Customer (xyz) is the owner of Account(98367). Here is the owner of a relationship set.
Optical shop management system is an application specially designed for managing day by day working of an optical shop. Entity relationship diagram for optical shop management system includes all major entities such as optical shop, eye test, product, bill and payment.
This optical shop management system ERD represents a graphical structure of the whole database. This diagram is very helpful to showcase your project working.