Data flow diagram (DFD) for Online Bus Ticket Reservation System describes an overview of the entire system without going into much detail. It normally contains data flow and process of the entire bus ticket booking system. There are three levels of online bus ticket reservation system (DFD) data flow diagram: context level DFD or zero level DFD, level 1 DFD, level 2 DFD.
Context level data flow diagram gives an overview of the entire system. This level identifies the external entities.
Level 1 data flow diagram gives a deeper insight view of the system. This level divides the entire process into a number of sub processes and shows how data is flowing between these processes.
Level 2 data flow diagram goes one step deeper than level 1. This level gives a clear picture of the sub process, data flow and data stores.
Data Flow Diagram (DFD) for Online Bus Ticket Reservation System: Details
Following table describes the details of online bus ticket reservation DFD
|Name||Online Bus Ticket Reservation System (DFD) data flow diagram|
|Abstract||Online Bus Ticket Reservation System DFD graphically describe the system’s data and how the data interact with the system|
|Tools used||Microsoft Visio|
What is Online Bus Ticket Reservation System
This is an online booing system to reserve bus seats. Customers can check seat availability on the bus for any specific route for his desired travel day and book tickets. This application provides a facility to pay ticket amount online.
Additionally the system helps business owners to improve productivity of the organization. It generates various reports that are helpful for better decision making.
What are the Symbols used to Represent Data Flow Diagram
To draw a data flow diagram we use:
Square : A square defines a source or destination of system data.
Arrows : Arrow represents flow of data. It is a pipeline through which data flows.
Circle : Circle represents a process that converts data into information.
Open-ended box : Open-ended box represents data store.
Advantage of Data Flow Diagram
The Advantage of Online Bus Ticket Reservation System Data Flow Diagram are as follows
- DFD makes it easy to depict business requirements of application
- Due to graphics it is very easy to understand by user and developer
- It is included in the documentation file
- Easy to understand system components.
Level 0 DFD for Online Bus Ticket Reservation System
Context diagram is an alternative name for the online bus ticket reservation system level 0 diagram. It describes the whole system in a single process and its relationship with external entities. This diagram depicts the online bus ticket booking system at a high level.There are two main external entities:
Download Online Bus Ticket Reservation System Synopsis pdf
Level 1 Data Flow Diagram for Online Bus Ticket Reservation System
Level 1 DFD gives more detail than a context diagram. It breaks a single process into multiple sub processes. Online Bus Ticket Reservation System Level 1 DFD has following sub process:
- Bus Route Master: As the name indicates, this process handles record of all bus routes data. Admin can enter new bus route record or edit an existing route record.
- Bus Ticket Reservation: Bus ticket reservation process manage all ticket booking work. This process gets selected route detail from Bus Route Master process. It send ticket booking report to the admin.
- Payment & Ticket Confirmation: This process takes ticket details from the previous process and accept payment from the customer. It send ticket confirmation message to the customer and passenger list to admin.
- Cancel Bus Ticket: If a customer wants to cancel his booking then he send ticket cancellation request to this process. This process collects ticket details from the Payment & Ticket Confirmation process and cancel the ticket.
Level 2 Data Flow Diagram for Online Bus Ticket Reservation system
Level 2 breaks the process into down into more detailed subprocesses. At this level it ensure to add all necessary data stores and other necessary information.
Low Level Functionality of Bus Ticket Reservation system
- This is a client server based application
- Admin of the organisation will enter and maintain all master record such as bus route detail, bus fare, city and state names
- Customer willing to travel can see the seat availability for their route for travel date
- System shows a graphical view of seat booking status. Customer can select seat by clicking on available seat icon
- After selecting seat they can proceed to checkout
- After successful payment the ticket is confirmed
- Customer can also cancel ticket afterwards
The database of the Online Bus Ticket Reservation System is composed of following:
- Bus Route Master
- Temp Seat Booking DB
- Ticket Booking DB
- Ticket Cancel DB
These are the main data stores that are responsible for maintaining record of the entire ticket booking system and securing data from unauthorised access.
Data Flow Diagram (DFD) for Online Bus Ticket Reservation System graphically represents the working of entire application. It has three levels: context level or zero level , level 1 and level 2 DFD.
Context diagram gives an overview of the system while the level 1 & 2 gives deeper insight of the system by dividing it into multiple sub processes. There are two external entities in the system: Customer & Admin. Bus ticket reservation DFD is an important diagram to showcase your project working.